This role is to deputise or assist the Stage Manager in the communication of information between the visiting artistic, administrative and technical departments and Dubai Opera technical, production and logistics teams responsible for support of technical operations in Dubai Opera.
To assist the Stage Manager in ensuring that all aspects of the Stage management operation, whether it be personnel, equipment, technology or planning ‘orientated’ operations, are taken into account and carried out to the highest standard.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES • Be able to read and follow a musical score to an acceptable high level in order to ‘run’ a performance as necessary
• Assist the Stage Manager in ensuring that any outside rehearsal environments are prepared as required and communicate requirements to relevant departments
• Assist the Stage Manager in ensuring dressing rooms requirements are adequately managed at all venues
• IOSH and COSHH or a similar managing safely or hazardous substance course
• Undertake relevant tasks using specific in-house equipment for data reference or storage via computer or any relevant electronic platform based system currently or proposed in the future
• The principles of stage management across performance related stage productions, concerts and events
• Scheduling, Communication and co-ordination of large scale events and productions
• Be fully conversant in the operation of Microsoft Office, any building management scheduling programs and be able to interpret AutoCAD or similar programs.
• Be conversant in the areas of Staging, Lighting, Logistics, Sound and Communications operations
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Have a local or internationally recognised professional qualification in the specific field / skill base of Stage Management
TYPICAL EXPERIENCE • An excellent & proven track record for the throughput of the Stage department for a theatrical /events venue, international touring
and their requirements in a receiving or repertoire venue primarily for the staging of productions and events.
• Have a minimum of 5-years proven professional work experience in this specific field, being that of a theatre stage department.
• Additionally have worked professionally for at least 3-years in a middle management role in this specific field in a large theatrical / events venue.
• Demonstrate high level experience in all key technical areas, particularly with a Stage bias: staging principles, ground support systems, engineering, carpentry, flying operations, rigging, tracks, harnesses, artist flying, small properties – including food and hygiene, and a good appreciation of lighting and sound.
• Health and Safety legislation and Equal Opportunities principles
• Flexibility to work varied hours, weekends, public holidays, overnights and scheduled performances as required P
lease submit your CV, including a covering letter, specifying the role or area in which you wish to work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mention that you found this ad on Bibango.com when you Call or Message.