Major responsibilities of the Sous Chef are to:
To assist in the compilation of menu cycles.
To ensure cost-effective use of all food and non-food items necessary for the production and service of meals.
To monitor the presentation and appearance & taste of all menu items.
To ensure that prepared and uncooked food is covered and stored under proper conditions prior to use.
To ensure that kitchen, storage rooms, equipment, and operating equipment are cleaned and maintained to the highest standards.
To ensure that his staff maintains high standards of personal hygiene.
To coordinate and conduct ongoing on the job training for all kitchen personnel, and provide written reports on their progress to his superiors.
To conduct daily inspection of his personnel’s uniforms, hair, nails, etc. to ensure they conform to the required standards.
To be responsible for ordering all daily requirements through the main stores, and ensuring proper use of the same.
To be responsible for assessing and approving the quality of perishable goods at the time of receiving.
To prevent pilferage and misuse of all stores in his custody.
To provide duty schedules for his personnel that avoid the requirement for overtime, and afford off-days for his personnel.
· To be available at meal service times in the restaurant to receive, and act upon, guest requests, comments or complaints.
He is responsible for safety matters related to his areas of supervision. He is fully accountable for HSE Policy & Procedures, which are in place.
To perform any other duties requested by his superiors out of normal routine but within the scope of work.
· Identifying actual potential problems, near misses relating to HSEQ in the delivery of the products and services.
· Identifying opportunities for improvement which may improve the service, make a job safer, improve protection of the environment or enable a task to be performed more efficiently.
· Controlling any process that they believe does not meet the required quality standards.
· Informing their operation manager as soon as possible to ensure that the appropriate corrective action is taken.
· Immediately report any unsafe or unhealthy condition to.
· Report any incident that could affect the health or which has caused or can cause an injury to his line manager immediately.
· To attend meetings and training courses as required.
· Included in these duties, you are required to perform any other reasonable tasks requested by the CEO & Head Chef
Please visit our website for further information:
www.zerofat.ae / https://www.instagram.com/ZEROFATAE/
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Sous Chef: 3 years (Preferred)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Mention that you found this ad on Bibango.com when you Call or Message.