As Stage manager, to plan, assist in scheduling and the communication of information between the visiting company artistic, administrative and technical departments and the Dubai Opera technical, production and logistics teams responsible for support of technical operations in the Dubai Opera. Ensure the highest standards of quality of performance are established.
To ensure that all aspects of the Stage management operations, whether it be personnel, equipment, technology or planning ‘orientated’ operations, are taken into account and carried out to the highest standard.
Make the most efficient use in the allocation of resources and advise if revisions are required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES • Advise on the strategic schedule and ensure co-ordination of day to day, week to week scheduling and planning of all activities of the
visiting companies requirements
• Have an excellent & proven track record in the operation and delivery to the highest possible standard as scheduled and to include but not restricted to:
• Maintain close liaison with the other Dubai Opera departments ensuring that full information on resource requirements are met at all stages of planning having regard for the efficient and economic use of resources
• Create and be responsible for working within any allocated budget and alerting the Technical Director of any implications for that budget, arising from issues by any visiting company, production or event
• Carry out relevant training, induction and coaching
• Be able to train and assess colleagues and exterior personnel necessary to support the operation of the Dubai Opera
• IOSH and COSHH or a similar managing safely or hazardous substance course
• Induction of artistic, production and technical teams
• Be conversant in the areas of Staging, Lighting, Logistics, Sound and Communications operations
• Create and interpret multi-disciplinary schedules incorporating all areas necessary for Dubai Opera artistic operations
• Have a minimum of 7-years proven professional work experience in this specific field, being that of Stage management
• To prepare, co-ordinate and distribute show reports
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS Have a local or internationally recognised professional qualification in the specific field / skill base of Stage Management
• An excellent & proven track record for the throughput of the Stage department for a theatrical /events venue, international touring and their requirements in a receiving or repertoire venue primarily for the staging of productions and events.
• Have a minimum of 8-years proven professional work experience in this specific field, being that of a theatre stage department.
• Additionally have worked professionally for at least 5-years in a middle management role in this specific field in a large theatrical / events venue.
• Demonstrate high level experience in all key technical areas, particularly with a Stage bias: staging principles, ground support systems, engineering, carpentry, flying operations, rigging, tracks, harnesses, artist flying, small properties – including food and hygiene, and a good appreciation of lighting and sound.
• Extensive IT skills, AutoCAD and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, Filemaker Pro or similar software
• The drive and expertise to maintain up to date knowledge of developments in technical staging, rigging and any new staging innovations P
lease submit your CV, including a covering letter, specifying the role or area in which you wish to work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mention that you found this ad on Bibango.com when you Call or Message.